JA More than Money focuses on economics and business curriculum for students in grades three through five. Students are encouraged to use innovative thinking to learn money-management skills and to explore and enhance their career options.
With six volunteer-led sessions, the program teaches young people about:
- The role money plays in society.
- Sharing, saving and spending.
- Becoming a smart consumer.
- Earning income by starting a business.
JA More than Money supports different learning styles by providing a variety of hands-on activities and a technological supplement. By the conclusion of the program, participating students will have learned how to:
- Build on their understanding of money basics and apply those skills to daily life.
- Recognize the significance of money management in making informed life decisions.
- Develop a better understanding of the relationship between what they learn at school and their successful participation in a global economy.
Junior Achievement gratefully acknowledges HSBC Holdings plc for its dedication to the development and implementation of JA More than Money.
Copyright © JA Worldwide 2009